Book Review Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

I got Little Women for Christmas when I was about 10 years old. It was a huge book for a 10-year-old, and I tried to read it, but did not understand what was I was reading.

A few weeks ago I picked it up again. I love the movie with Winnona Rider and Christian Bale, and have for many years. I read the 500+ page book in just over a week, with the last half read in one night. It was wonderful!




The story was exquisite, and the characters warm and deeply crafted. I loved that the characters were constantly discovering themselves and learning how to better live their lives to the fullest. The novel was filled with lessons, not only for the characters, but also for the readers.

This novel is one of the best I have read in a very long time. This novel enters my list of absolute favorite books.



Photo Credit: Katherine Elizabeth
Stars Image Credit: lovethenerddesigns

Comments

Popular Posts