Book Review of So Pretty! Crochet

So Pretty! Crochet is a pattern book by Amy Palanjian.

The patterns in this book are beautiful and unique, good for someone looking to spruce up their look with gorgeous pieces in deceptively easy patterns. The projects range from jewelry to home decor, and most are beginner-friendly. Don't be intimidated by the complex appearance of them!

Photo by sattva via freedigitalphotos.com

These projects, while beautiful, are not really my style. A handful of them I could make my own, and I would especially love to make the repurposed tee shirt rug as designed. I need a new rug in my kitchen, and this one would be perfect!

The patterns seem easy to follow with detailed instructions on each step, including the finishing process, and charts to aid the crocheter. 

At the beginning of the book is a great tutorial on the basics of crochet, detailed like the patterns. This chapter includes definitions of basic terms, meanings of common abbreviations, US crochet hook sizes with their millimeter measurements, common tools, descriptions of yarn weights, and listings of most fibers with their benefits of use. It even includes recommendations for resources to find tutorial videos. This alone is worth checking out the book.

Objectively, I think this book is fantastic and deserves a good rating. However, with a few exceptions, it's not my style. I would check it out of the library again for a couple of patterns, but I wouldn't purchase it.

Stars Image Credit lovethenerddesigns

Comments

Popular Posts