Slipped Stitch Afghan!

I knitted this afghan in a short amount of time with bulky yarn on large needles. I used Caron Sprinkle Cakes in "Birthday Cake" on size 15 needles. I used a long circular needle to accomodate the size.


The pattern is made by slipping every fourth stitch up the front for four rows. The rest of it is knitted in garter stitch.


I made the afghan about the size of the top of a twin mattress, which makes it wonderful for the couch.

The colors are all neutral: variations of white and brown. It'll match almost any couch we have and make it easy to use no matter the decorations. One thing you can't really see in the pictures is that the yarn, while neutral in color, is dotted with flecks of bright colors from all over the rainbow. It makes the color more interesting and fun. That's why I bought the Sprinkle Cakes yarn instead of any of the others. All of the Sprinkle Cakes have the flecks of color.


The bulky yarn and garter stitch make the blanket thick and squishy. The yarn is soft and cozy. The size is generous without being bulky. This is without a doubt the best afghan I've made.

Photo Credit: Katherine Elizabeth

Comments

Popular Posts