Time for Decorations!

Traditionally in the United States, the day after Thanksgiving is when we trim the tree! I actually did it on Monday. I can never quite make it to Thanksgiving.


I turned on some Christmas music and unpacked the boxes. The cat was fascinated but pretended she wasn't in normal cat fashion.

One of my favorite things to set out are my home made decorations. So far I've made a snowman and some Christmas lights garland. I have three strands of the garland in different lengths. Click on the decoration name to see my posts about the projects: snowman and Christmas lights garland.


One of my favorite Christmas decorations are nutcrackers. I have four: two soldiers, a Santa, and a snowman. I would love to have more. I also really like different Santa Claus decorations, especially the different ways he's depicted around the world.


When we have more money, I want to put together a Christmas village. Back in 2005, I bought three ceramic buildings made to be lit by tealights. An old roommate gave me two electric houses. The three I bought are in the middle. I call this my start-up village. I packed up my tea service to set it out.


I wish I had more decorations, but we'd need a bigger, nicer place for that. One day I'll be able to have nice decorations and my Christmas village. For now, this is enough.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas season and that your homes are decked with love and happiness.

Photo Credit: Katherine Elizabeth

Comments

Popular Posts