Reading Roadblocks

For several years, I have regularly posted one to two book reviews per week. Sometimes more!

Unfortunately, for the last six months, I have been unable to sit down with a book and actually read. Last year, I read nearly seventy books. This year, I've barely made it through ten. I just can't focus!

In the last couple of weeks, I've experimented and discovered that while holding a book and remaining still is nearly impossible, audiobooks are a totally different story. My love of audiobooks began nearly two decades ago, and I used to listen to them while I walked to exercise. I've listened to so many books over the years, and there is a series I have never read in print, only listened to. I wondered if I could listen to books while I keep my hands busy with crafting.

Well, I tried it, and this plan seems to be working fabulously! I've listened to books for several hours at a time on many days, and I am devouring books again. 

Photo Credit: Alice Moore

I have put together a TBR list in my library app for books I want to read, many of which I intended to read in print or ebook format. Hopefully, this will work much better, and I will be able to review books again very soon.

Comments

Popular Posts