Review of Colters' Daughter (Colters' Legacy #3) by Maya Banks

Colters' Daughter is the third book in the Colters' Legacy series.

Holly Colter has three sons and a daughter. Callie Colter has no intention of having a relationship like her mother and sister-in-law Lily. She is nursing heartbreak, home at the mountain where she grew up after having her heart broken in Europe.

Max Wilder left Callie once, and now he's come to find her. He knows he was wrong, and he has to win her back. But it won't be as easy as he hopes. Callie punches him when he arrives, showing him exactly what she thinks of him.

Max is undeterred, and Callie longs for him despite her anger and pain.

Contains a Dominant/submissive relationship.


I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first two, though it had nothing to do with the type of relationship they had. Max was difficult to identify with due to the character development. He felt cut off and secretive, not mysterious as I think Maya Banks intended. I felt like I didn't know the whole story in a way that confused me instead of intriguing me.

However, I loved Callie, a woman as strong as her mother. I enjoyed her friendship with Lily, and the way she interacted with her brothers. I also loved how protective they were of her.

The plot was a little muddled to me, and while Callie was submissive to Max, it felt like she complied in every way instead of maintaining autonomy to a small degree. A submissive has the right to say no and make their own rules and demands, and Callie did none of that.

This book was definitely not as good as the first two, though I did still enjoy it to a degree. It was very different from the books about Callie's parents and brothers, so it's hard to compare. Out of the first three, this is my least favorite. And as I have read the entire series, I can say that this is my least favorite of the whole series.

Photo Credit Katherine Elizabeth
Stars Image Credit lovethenerddesigns

Comments

Popular Posts