Lighting the Way

This was a hike at the forest preserve in July of 2021. It was a somewhat cloudy day, which ironically caused more glare from the sky instead of less. I'm still learning about how to take good photos using natural light, so things sometimes don't turn out the way I plan. It often makes me laugh, but sometimes I get frustrated when I see what would be a really great shot ruined by glare from sunlight when I'm loading the photos onto my computer.

You may ask why I don't know this right away, and the reason is that I use a digital camera that isn't super great and the display is crap in sunlight. I can't see anything. I can envision what the shot will look like when I take it, and 95% of the time I'm right when I look at the photo later. But that doesn't take the sun into account because I'm not good at anticipating that guy yet.

This photo isn't too bad when it comes to sunlight considering the glare from the sun was coming from the entire sky rather than one point. The clouds had parted a tiny bit, so even though I was getting the glare from the clouds, the sun was streaming down on this small part of the forest floor. I thought it was quite beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts