Review of Destined for An Early Grave (Night Huntress Universe #4) by Jeaniene Frost

Destined for an Early Grave is the fourth book in both the Night Huntress series and Night Huntress Universe.

Cat and Bones are long overdue for a vacation, but their trip to Paris is interrupted as Cat begins to have dreams about a vampire named Gregor. He has ties to Cat's past that she doesn't remember and claims a hold on her that may supplant Bones's.

But one vampire holds the key to defeat Gregor, and Cat and Bones must turn to Mencheres once again.

For Cat, this is a fight for everything she holds dear.


This book contained many surprising twists and turns, though I'm not overly fond of it. Some elements I found slightly over the top, and the plot felt like it jerked rather than a smooth turn. It at times felt slightly outlandish for the established world which took me out of the plot.

Nevertheless, I was enthralled for another installment in Cat and Bones's saga. The ending was satisfying for me even though the plot wasn't the best. A couple of the twists were long-awaited, and I enjoyed their arrival. One in particular.

A weaker addition to the series, though I was glad for another addition. Considering the quality of the previous three books, I'll take this one and move on to what I'm sure will be better work.

Photo Credit khongkitwiriyachan via freedigitalphotos.net
Stars Image Credit lovethenerddesigns

Comments

Popular Posts