WIP: Bluebell Wood Cross-Stitch

This Work In Progress is a cross-stitch project I've been working on for a while now. Cross-stitch is a slow and tedious craft that requires a lot of patience. Once I learned the art of patience, I became more eager to cross-stitch and worked on more projects.

This project is a woodland scene of flowers on the forest floor with sunlight peeking through the canopy. It's simple to stitch, but it's fairly large and complex in the many colors used to make the scene.


I started by working the purple colors one at a time across the picture, but I became very tired of purple and decided to work in columns instead of one color at a time. I'm working on a third column, each column ten stitches wide. The place I'm currently working is the leaves between the two righthand trees.


This project has been lovely to work on, and more enjoyable with my new tactic of working in columns. I don't get bored with a color, and I can see it come to life better.

I always think of my grandmother when I cross-stitch. She taught me the craft nearly thirty years ago, and I've loved it ever since.

I can't wait to finish and send my grandmother a photo!
Photo Credit Katherine Elizabeth

Comments

Popular Posts