Artistry Hampered

Now that I have limited mobility due to functional neurological disorder (FND), I find it difficult to plan what I choose to do with my different forms of art.

My new knitting and crochet projects must work as I remain seated in a wheelchair for the time we're out and about. I am very limited in what parks I can go to because there must be a paved path. We know of two right now, and one is a new discovery this spring in a nearby town.

This park has paved paths, statues, and a long dock I was able to go out on as my husband pushed me. That dock was my first major lesson in the wheelchair not having shocks. We laughed about it later. 

Here is a photo from that day, a park we plan to return to sometime soon.

In this photo, just to the right of the center, far in the distance, is the grand beauty of Mt. Rainier. This beauty is a staple in the region. We can see her from many areas close to Puget Sound. 

So often, when I take photos with mountains in the distance, they turn out as tiny crags, barely visible, not the beautiful mountains I see every day. But this time, I captured the gorgeous volcano as she so often appears: a silhouette of snow on her slopes hanging in the sky.

I love this photo for the way I captured the volcano. The rest of it is okay, but Mt. Rainier in the background makes the photo for me.

Comments

Popular Posts