The Creepy and Spooky

As I have embraced my love of all things weird and strange, over the last year or two I've gotten into stories about cryptids and monsters. I don't necessarily believe, but I don't reject the possibility. Right now, I am a skeptic and think of them as interesting stories.

There are several YouTube channels that I follow who create interesting content and tell stories in a creative and fascinating manner.

My favorites are Bedtime Stories and the sister channel Wartime Stories, but I also have recent discoveries in CelinaSpookyBoo and The Lore Lodge. I've shared videos from both Bedtime Stories and Wartime Stories here on the blog.

Another thing I've gotten into is ghost-hunting videos. Not the very fake TV shows, but specifically YouTube channels. My favorites are CelinaSpookyBoo, Kallmekris, and Sam and Colby, all of whom are good friends.

The Lore Lodge has a long-running series that spans years exploring the fascinating phenomenon of the Missing 411, cases of real people vanishing under impossible circumstances or being found in places they should not have been able to get to. The Missing 411 cases all occurred in US National Parks. I enjoy the way the guys behind The Lore Lodge go into the details, presenting the facts, possible logical explanations, and possible supernatural explanations. It's absolutely fascinating.

Along that vein, I've also really gotten into true crime videos on YouTube. My favorite is The Casual Criminalist, but I also like Danielle Kirsty. I'm starting to get into Bailey Sarian and Explore With Us.

Something else I've become absolutely hooked on is the TV show The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch. I don't have cable, so I'm watching them on the network's website the following year as they release it to bump up interest in the new season. My mom and I are both hooked and we "talk aliens" as we watch the show together from two thousand miles apart.

Here's one of my favorite creepy tales from Bedtime Stories, a two-parter about the Kentucky Goblins. Come back next week for part two!

Comments

Popular Posts