Croatoan: the Mystery of the Roanoke Colony

History is a subject that eludes me, both because it bores me to tears to study and because finding reputable sources about any historical event, sources I would find engaging, is unbelievably difficult.

Recently, I discovered this channel, The Lore Lodge. It's run by historian Aidan Mattis whose expertise is Medieval history. This means he knows where to find reputable sources, whether he's researching things like this odd event in American history, modern true crime, the Missing 411, Celtic mythology, and North American folklore.

This disappearance of the Roanoke colony has been a hole in my knowledge of history, but I knew the name and that it disappeared. That was the extent of my knowledge when I clicked on this video. It's a long but solid compilation of the timeline of events in an easy-to-digest format.

I find Aidan compelling as a storyteller, and this filled the gap in my knowledge of this event in history.

Video run time 1:22:42

Comments

Popular Posts