Tweed Silk Scarf!

As I continue on my self-discovery journey, I am embracing my love of deep tones mixed with black and gray, maybe a touch of white occasionally.

I checked this book out from the library, 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders edited by Judith Durant. The yarns used in books like this are usually light and bright or pastels, but some are in unusual textures, such as the yarn used in this pattern, the Tweed Silk Scarf. 

At first, I wanted to discard it because it wasn't something I'd usually make, but what I'd usually make is part of that box I've been shoving myself inside for decades. I've had a love of mesh and openwork items since my teens. These fabrics and designs were some of my favorites to layer with back then. So, I studied the pattern once more and decided to work it with an average texture, worsted weight black yarn. From what I recall because the yarn was in a ball with no label, it is a Michaels brand yarn, Loops & Threads Impeccable.

When finished, I loved it, but it seemed incomplete. It needed just a little accent to make it pop and my husband agreed. Several years ago, I bought some ribbons, the reason for the purchase I cannot recall. I found a few colors, but among them were some beautiful deep tones that went well together. So, I wove royal blue and magenta yarns held together around the edges and tied with a bow at each short end.

It looks amazing!


Photos by Katherine Elizabeth

My journey continues as I embrace the me I hid for so long. I have projects in the works and others lined up. It feels like a renewed drive to express myself through crafting. So much of what I made for so long is a huge collection of things I would never wear. I'm off to the races to start over again!

Comments

Popular Posts