Bring On the Rain

This song is from Jo Dee Messina's album Burn, released in 2000.

At the time, I was a big fan of Tim McGraw, so when I saw he was dueting with this singer I'd never heard of, I eagerly listened to the radio for the new single. Instantly, I loved the song.

It got me through some hard times. Around the time the album was released, I realized my parents' marriage was over and began the tense wait for them to tell us. I found out later that they hadn't said the words between them yet, and as the months wore on, the tension in the house thickened until you could cut it with a knife. Within six months, they announced their divorce to my sister and me, and then to our family and their friends.

The next few years were some of the worst of my life. This was one of the songs that helped me through those traumatic years, ones that affect me to this day.

Comments

Popular Posts