Bulb Bag!

This is the "Basic Round Bag" pattern from Fun and Funky Crochet by Sophie Britten. I added the edging and flower.


The bag was fun to make and I made it when I was new to crochet. The increases and decreases resulting in a three-dimensional project was very new to me. Before this, it had always been flat objects in crochet. Because of that, I had some trouble with the pattern because knitting in the round and crochet in the round can be very, very different.

I crocheted this in Bernat Softee Chunky, a soft yarn that was easy to work with. It was done with a large hook, which unfortunately makes for large holes in the work. It looks almost like netting instead of a solid piece. I think if the pattern were adjusted to accommodate a smaller hook, the bag would be wonderful. As it is, I rarely carry it because I keep losing stuff.

It's a cute pattern, but not so practical.

Photo Credit: Katherine Elizabeth

Comments

Popular Posts